Monday 27 January 2014

Book 46 - Bride of the Emerald Isle

Bride of the Emerald Isle by Trish Wylie - first published in 2007

This is the first Mills and Boon romance I have ever read and it will probably be the last.  I was pleasantly surprised that the quality of the writing was actually good.  What lets it down is the plot, which consists entirely of man (Garrett Kincaid) meets woman (Keelin O'Donnell), they fall in love but their relationship doesn't flourish at first, due to misunderstandings on both sides but then they get back together and live happily ever after.  I assume this is pretty much the plot of most Mills and Boon romances and for those that like this format, there are plenty of titles to choose from.

Books set on Irish islands proved hard to find and even harder to get hold of from my local library service, so I am grateful to this book, as it is set on Valentia Island, which is located to the west of County Kerry.  Valentia is one of my favourite islands.   4/10 - for the book, not the island, which would score 9/10!

Islands covered - Valentia

Lighthouse at Cromwell Point, Valentia

No comments:

Post a Comment